50iniepoca - Forum dei 50 cc d'epoca

Monark

« Older   Newer »
VRM Roffe
view post Posted on 26/12/2009, 22:24 by: VRM Roffe

QUOTE (emotracing @ 26/12/2009, 21:48)
As far as I know that bike comes from an earlier stage ,when "Delta" racers were run under the Monark name and sponsorship. Delta built the bikes.

Later on Monark decided to go more professional and do a real "factory made" team. Thats the Henningson era.

And then after this the last stage was where Jan Bruins was hired in to go back from a "factory made" team to a situation where a privately built machine was raced under Monark name and sponsorship.

Ciao a tutti !
I must wedge in the spoon here and Please!! be patient now boys...
I promissed to continue later and I will do a short story today then..

In the end of 1972 Kurt Ivan and the other stand in driver for Monark that year Leif "Gusten" Gustavsson were feed up
with the bike and it had alot of engine break down.
Leif was riding the bike some races in the beginning of 1973 but Monark and Leif found it not reliable enough to continue the campaign.
Therefor Monark decided to sell the bike to Bruins and put the money in Lars bike instead thet have been proved to be faster and better.
They also feelt that a Monark that allways brake down was bad advertasing for the brand, and therefore they put all eggs in the same bag sort of..
So the rest of the 1973 season Lars vas riding the Nr 1 bike and Bruins continue devellop bike Nr 2 his way.
Here is some pics from that year.
There is probably more pictures somewhere but this is
what I have at the moment.
I will continue some other day.
Greetings
Roffe

27 replies since 3/12/2008, 12:49   2904 views